Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Mini Flower Break

 Here in the later days of winter, I'm appreciating the blooming of any and all flowers. Like the grape hyacinth (muscari). I've been growing these flowers in this very pot for over 20 years now. Turns out that not having to replant stuff every year is very convenient. I'm amazed that this plastic pot has survived all that time too.

They smell so amazing. Sweet, but not too much, light and fresh. I wonder if there's a perfume using this fragrance.

The bees love them so very much.
I'm glad that I have these old reliables to depend upon every year to remind me that spring is coming.
I also had to do some weeding in our plant containers on the deck. This involves pulling up actual trees. They grow like literal weeds around here.
I like the nearly neon aggressive green color of the sprouts of branches-to-be.

No comments: