Saturday, October 15, 2022

Stretching Art Surprise

PIQF was really great to get to go and see yesterday. I was honestly pretty shocked to be out and about and surrounded by So Many people. It's the first big event since Covid that I've attended in person so it honestly took some time to get used to it. As I was traveling up and down the aisles marveling at all the variety in quilt styles and techniques, etc., I was shocked to see this one. My first thought was, "Wow, that's a pretty cool quilt, but it looks familiar." Then I of course realized that it was *my* quilt, Doors Unopened, being exhibited along the others in the traveling show, Stretching Art & Traditions. A Lot of laughing at myself ensued of course.
Portrait of the mask-wearing artist by friend Jaye who was still rightfully laughing at me for being surprised to see my own quilt. I've participated in Stretching Art & Tradition several times over the years, 
What's Your Twenty?, Uncountable Arils,  and Dream Vision most recently. But it is kind of random which Mancuso Bros. shows it is sent to. This time PIQF lucked out.
This is the exhibit organizer's quilts, Amy Nelson, "Beyond the Revolving Door". I was lucky enough to meet her at the SAQA conference in San Jose a few years ago. She's really great and has making this event happen for many many years.


 

2 comments:

Jaye said...

LOL!

I completely understand. Once a quilt is on a journey, I forget about it, too. Out of sight, out of mind.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Definitely out of sight, out of mind, thanks for laughing with/at me!