Saturday, October 08, 2022

Fuse On

 

Amazing the difference a small border makes isn't it? To my eye, the border completes the total image in this case and ties together the dark blue pieces in each of the four big blocks. Using a thin dark blue binding around the edge would not have been enough visual weight to have the same effect.
Pieced together some fusible batting to use for this one. Reminder to self, check for threads under the off-white parts of the quilt top before fusing the batting on.
And since this quilt is 51"wide, I had to piece some backing fabric together as well. Now it's all fuse-basted and ready to quilt

2 comments:

Jaye said...

WOW! That border does make the quilt. Amazing. Good job. Keep it up!

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

It really surprised me, even though I'd gone through the same thing when I designed the quilt in EQ8. Thanks!