Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Now to Bury and Bind



That title sounds a bit ominous, but hey it's "spooky season" so I'm sticking with it. The good news is I'm done with the quilting on the Ruby+Bee challenge, Come On through.

I have lots and lots of threads to bury. I very much wish I had a baseball game to watch. 
I'm very pleased with how the quilting and the quilt turned out. A lot, well most, of my points remained pointy and the ones that didn't aren't visually bothersome to me.
As you can see I stuck with the linear echo quilting of each shape, and I think it worked. Switching over to something snoopy or even circular would have been a bit jarring. But overall, so much texture, I love it! I'm interested to see how it photographs...
 

2 comments:

Jaye said...

The quilting looks GREAT!!! I have been burying my threads as I go along. I don't like it when the needle pokes through a tail and prevents me from burying it properly. It means a lot of stopping and starting, but that is what I am doing on my current quilting project.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Thanks! I wish now that I'd buried as I went along, but it's getting done.