Monday, October 17, 2022

Only One Bag Full

 
A big bag full of PIQF purchases all stacked up on my table. I took some pictures before I put everything away so I can remember where this stuff came from.

This Halloween FQ stack came home mainly due to the hilarious grinning bug print. 

T

The others are also great together. I think I might make another table runner (I know I know), this time for our coffee table. Then that's 24 (2 per month) that I "can" make without too many eyebrows being raised.

In the same booth, Quilts by Kat, I met Kathy Allen who is the author of this super interesting book, ModernScot. She even signed it for me, how fun is that? What a brilliant idea, to make quilts based on the traditional tartan patterns. The booth was filled with examples from her instructions and they are really beautiful quilts, I can't wait to make one for my mom inspired by her family's tartan.

ThimbleCreek Quilts had this really nice selection of Alison Glass +-sign batiks packaged up, and sometimes I just can't resist a rainbow.... I almost almost bought this halloween quilt kit.

This was the first thing I bought, the barkcloth Charley Harper skull with a bird in the eyehole print will become a bag of some kind. The two Tula Pink solids were just because the colors sang together. Can you imagine an entire quilt made out of this fabulous combo? Or maybe we should change Christmas colors to this pairing? A Christmas quilt in these colors, that's the ticket! I may have to get my hands on some yardage...

And lastly, an interesting new-to-me tool, Scrap Tape, from the Batty Lady booth. It's a water dissolving stabilizer to make 2.5" "fabric" out of your scraps, sew, flip and then sew in to a quilt. Then the stabilizer washes out, stay tuned...I'm interested in how this will work. Super Scrappy Sashing in a solids quilt, or?

2 comments:

Jaye said...

Fun selection of items. It is great to revisit them at my leisure and read your thoughts.

Check here for Tula solids (no affiliation):https://www.stashfabrics.com/search?keywords=tula+solids

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Thanks for the link to Stash Fabrics.