Wednesday, October 05, 2022

Giant Hexies

 

I won something from the Quilters Take A Moment event! A package arrived from Hoffman Fabrics, and inside were two  packs of 40 enormous pre-cut hexies

The fabrics are a nice range of colors and the printed patterns are contemporary.

When I read the list of winners and what we each had won, it just said Hoffman Fabrics hexies, so I had pictured something in the 2" range, to use in English paper piecing, etc. So I was surprised to get these giant sized ones, I think they're 8" across.
These are not that by a long shot, or well...several extra inches.
And they helpfully included a pattern as well, A Hop Skip & A Jump. Some of which involves cutting up the hexies into equilateral triangles (?) and adding sashing to each shape. These will be fun to play with and I'm surprised at how happy it made me to win something. 

2 comments:

Jaye said...

WOW!! I have never heard of those sizes of hexies. You could make a really quick quilt by just sewing all the hexies together. Wash them in a mesh laundry bag. I was talking with someone about filling in the edges of a hexie quilt yesterday.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

It was kind of funny to open the package and find an absurdly enormous hexie. It's tempting to just sew them all together. Maybe I'll use my Sizzix to cut out setting triangles.