Saturday, April 20, 2019

What's Your Twenty?

I completed a new quilt! I know, I know, don't faint from the surprise.  I had a deadline....so it got done.

Stretching Art and Tradition - Twenty. This is going to be the twentieth exhibit, and I just had to participate again. It usually gets shown at three of the east coast Mancuso shows, so be on the look out for it.

 Here's the beginnings of it, the twenty fabrics sewn together.
 And cropped down to the right size.
 Whoops, I forgot one of the fabrics! So there it is laid on top.
 Here's how the turtle looks with parts of the background cut out, it was way too light with all the shell parts still in there. I like how it looks with the velvet checkerboard behind him.
 What's with the turtle you're probably wondering. Well this quilt was made for the 20th exhibit of S.A.T. and I immediately thought of "what's your twenty?" the question you ask on the CB radio when you want to know where the person you're speaking with actually is. My CB "handle" back in the day was "The Velvet Turtle" taken from the name of the fancy restaurant chain. That chain is now unfortunately defunct, so I snagged their logo and printed it out on fabric. I was terribly impressed with their chocolate mousse as I recall and thought it made a funny handle to use. The spoke of twenty fabrics that make up the background of the quilt represent places that I've been in the last twenty years. Hawaii is obvious, China, Japan also, the rest make sense to me.
 All done!
 A closeup of the center of the quilt.
And two of my favorite fabrics.
Please note that it is 4/20, and I'm posting this quilt all about 20 today. Funny how that works out huh?

1 comment:

Jaye said...

OMG!! More finishing. You are on fire. What's next?