Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Product Review: Binding Baby

 I was happy to have the chance to try out a new tool, a Binding Baby when I was recently finishing my "What's Your Twenty?" quilt. It worked out very well, and made stitching on the binding much easier. This one is the large size, so it accommodates binding up to 4" wide.
 After rolling the binding on, I stuck it up on the peg for bobbin winding. It didn't exactly fit in a flat manner, but it stayed on while it was in use, so that was just fine with me. It would have also fit back on the thread spool holder too, but I thought it'd be better to have it away from the thread guide.

The Binding Baby is very smooth to the touch, so nothing will snag, which is good to know if you  use this for lace or other trims.
Here it is in action, the binding is right in the right spot for easily sewing on. It's in control, not under my chair wheel or under the quilt getting stitched on or whatever.

So, yes, they are Very Very Cute, which was honestly the reason I didn't buy one when I first saw them at QuiltCon. Things can sometimes be too cute for me, not sure why. Luckily for me, friend Jaye saw how handy they were and gifted me one.

1 comment:

Jaye said...

YAY!!! Glad you like it and it works as promised. They need to make some Goth versions, I think. ;-)