Tuesday, April 09, 2019

Finish-a-Long Q1

Well out of 8 proposed finishes for the first quarter of this year's Finish-a-Long, I got 1 completely done.


 This is it, all done! Made for entering in the Cherrywood Challenge (didn't get in 😞) but it was fun to try it, and to sew with their really lovely fabrics. I entitled this: Listening To The Details.


As you can see, I had fun using a lot of colors of blues in the stitching.







I didn't have too much more quilting to do on this one, but I did need to do a little bit. Then there was the sewing down of the facing, adding a sleeve and a label. Done done and done. I will admit that it isn't hanging up yet though, but I'm still calling it a finish.

I worked on several others on the list and started and finished other projects (like one does, hah!)
I'm tempted to say so much for FOCUS as my word of the year, but I'm not giving up, it's been a challenging few months motivation wise. And thus I'll be posting a list for Q2 soon.



3 comments:

Ella said...

The stitching is amazing. I love the depth of the Cherrywood fabrics. On behalf of the FAL crew, thanks for joining in!

Jaye said...

Great job on the finish! The colors are wonderful.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Thanks, Ella, yes the Cherrywood fabric is really lovely to work with. Thanks, Jaye, Van Gogh definitely knew his colors.