Friday, April 12, 2019

New Sketching Tool

 I was practicing using a new drawing tool on my iPad on a recent trip to San Diego.
These are a couple pictures of the hotel rooftop that I was kind of sketching with an apple pencil in the app, Sketches Pro. The app was very cheap for this many functions, $5.99, but is only for iOs.
This is a combination of many layers, I sketched the lights on one layer, the blue umbrella on another and then the background. It's very rough, and I'm very new at all the options and tools in this app, but it is a fun learning curve to be starting on. The apple pencil is a great tool, it didn't take too long to get used to how hard to handle it so that it does what I want it to.

2 comments:

Jaye said...

I keep thinking I'd love a tablet that I could really use as a sketchpad. I might have to go with a serious iPad once I upgrade again. My current tablet is only a couple of years old and not ideal, but also not ready for an upgrade.

I can hardly believe you did that 'painting' on your iPad! It looks, seriously, like a watercolor. I can't wait to see what you do as you get more familiar with the tools.

Love the top photo, BTW.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Thanks, there's so many amazing tools in this little program, it will take a while for me to learn it all. It'll be worth the wait to get an iPad especially with the pen. Maybe you can get a deal on the one I have since they just came out with a new upgrade version?