Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Wandering Wednesday - San Diego


 Last month we spent a week in San Diego, DH had a work conference. The view out our window was of PetCo park, which was lovely at the golden hour.

We stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel, which was fun, and kind of hilarious too for a professional, tech conference. There was so much booze in the room, like full-size bottles, not just the mini-bar size. And you could check out electric guitars and amps at the front desk?!? No I didn't do that, but I could have.

But I did notice the bed linens, look at that nice subtle guitar design.

The hotel is right at the beginning of the gaslamp district.
I spent a lot of time hanging out on the rooftop bar area in the mornings sketching and listening to podcasts, it was very nice out there. And quiet since the bar wasn't open. Note to self, track down this plant for my garden, such a cool color and shape.
There was a Very Shiny Tesla parked on the street. All chromed, can you imagine being behind this  vehicle on a sunny day?
There was a lot of construction, but most of it unfortunately new buildings of condos, this was a rehab of a historic building, you could peek in and see the way older buildings were constructed. So different than all the concrete and rebar of today.
 One of the signs in the Hard Rock, these were the names of the meeting rooms, hah! Which one would you choose?
 I got a nice haircut while I was there so I was pretty pleased with myself.

1 comment:

Jaye said...

Lots of cool images. I am shocked that that color is allowed on a car! It would be blinding in bright sunlight. Love the hair and am glad you found a quiet place to sketch and listen.