Thursday, August 09, 2018

Uncountable Arils


 Here's my quilt for this year's Stretching Art & Tradition exhibit. The theme this time was Under Scrutiny so I went close-up on pomegranates with this piece entitled, "Uncountable Arils."
I based my quilt design on elements of this picture.

 I found lots of red batiks to use in my stash. There's a lot of color variation and depth in batiks perfect for this kind of use. That and I find that the tight weave of the batik fabrics is great for raw edge appliqué.



The backing fabric was a shall we say "more assertive" pomegranate print. I like it a lot, but it didn't work on the front of the quilt.
 I don't know why but this little bit is my favorite part of the quilt. How do you like that cream on grey pomegranate print? I thought it was perfect for this.

2 comments:

Jaye said...

Yes, I love the cream on grey pomegranate print! I am really glad you are sewing!

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

That's one of my favorite new fabrics. I'm glad to be sewing too!