Monday, August 13, 2018

Finishing Handwork


I've been working on finishing the last of three blocks for Social Justice Sewing Academy.

 I purchased some really perfect embroidery floss, Sue Spargo Eleganza Perle #5 at The Stitchin' Post. It stitched up so nicely compared to some of the others I've been using.
 If you're interested in doing some hand-work for a good cause, you can request blocks right here.
 The smallish embroidery hoop worked out pretty well.
I'll post the three finished blocks soon.

2 comments:

Jaye said...

The Sue Spargo thread is leaps and bounds above most of the others I have tried, though Aurifil is pretty awesome as well.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

It really is great thread, so smooth, I hardly got any tangles or knots, which made for much quicker and easier hand-stitching. I'll try the Aurifil.