Wednesday, August 01, 2018

Wandering Wednesday - Sisters

 Hey long time no blog!
Through the smoky skies, past the grasslands of Northern California, friend Jaye and I drove and drove and drove to get to Sisters, Oregon for the annual outdoor quilt show.
 We took a short detour to see Crater Lake, which I'm happy to report is still very very Blue and Beautiful and Big.
 Finally! We arrived at the mecca of quilt-dom in July, and hey! There Are Quilts Hanging Up Outdoors. I'm not sure why, but I am just enchanted by this idea somehow.
 Jaye was glad all that driving was done with.
 I was happy to be out of the car too! What a great store the Stichin' Post is, it definitely is all it's made out to be.
 Beautiful sunsets from our air bnb house's backyard.
 I don't know what I was really expecting, but the first selection of quilts we saw hung up, just blew me away. They really are right there, on the sides of all the buildings, hung up with clothespins.
 We were there early enough to see one of the last quilts being hung up. It seems to be a "whole town pitches in" kind of thing which is cool. I could see it happening in my own small town.
Some of the quilts went So Well with the backgrounds they were hung against, it made me wonder if it was planned out or not.

More pictures tomorrow.

No comments: