Tuesday, August 07, 2018

Back of Solstice Quilt

 Now that I'm posting the back of the Solstice Quilt, I'm realizing I never showed you the front. Well that will be another post I suppose.  So here's the back of the king-sized quilt. It's comprised of all the scraps from making the blocks as well as some larger pieces of batiks.
 I assembled it in sections and framed the "blocks" of scraps and floated the strips on a background. Sorry about the yellowy pictures, I guess they didn't get color corrected.
 There that shows the color better. I had all these little pieces and sorted them into similar sizes and sewed them together into longish columns. I like how it looks floating against the green.
There were some little teeny pieces left from one of the blocks, so I sewed them together into something that looks pretty interesting. In some senses I like the back better than the front.

2 comments:

Jaye said...

Yay for progress!!! I can't wait to see the front!

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

The front will have to be photographed when I get this beast back from the quilter.