Thursday, August 30, 2018

Bone Story


One of the decorated for charity "I Left My Heart in SF" hearts at Stanford Medical. (as seen through a very dirty window!) But why was I there? This gets a bit personal, so just pass on by the rest of this post if you're not into that sort of thing.

!!

Warning:

!!

Medical

!!

 x-ray

!! 

picture

!!

 below

!!


I travel all the way to Stanford to see my orthopedic/oncology surgeon, and it's very very worth the drive. I'm glad that my insurance company agreed so easily. With my weirdo bone situation the first normal ortho didn't even want to try and operate on me. Too complicated, too unusual.

But here's my beautifully perfect hip joint that I'm now so blessed to have, stuck there in my femur-gone wrong and wrong-er, over and over again since I was seventeen. It was a big huge deal to recover from the surgery, but it was totally worth it. If you're someone with arthritic hips or whatever, don't put it off, take it from me, get it done asap and get your life back.

Hope it lasts for a very long time because it is freaking amazing to be able to walk again.

No comments: