Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Thunder Shirt


Meg gets a little too crazy when the deer herd (up to 4 or 5 at a time this year) come browsing around our apple trees. She's convinced she needs to run them off every single time which gets very old.

So I got her a Thunder Shirt and wow does this thing ever work. It uses a couple layers of velcro to kind of swaddle/hug her around her whole body. She instantly gets so quiet and mellow, pretty much zones out, and then she's kind of sleepy when we take it off of her. We also used this on the Fourth of July while neighbors were shooting off fireworks which was upsetting. I kind of wish they made these for people, maybe they do, or perhaps those weighted blankets do a similar thing. Oh my goodness they make one for cats. I can't imagine Spike letting me put this on him, I wonder if it would even work...

2 comments:

Jaye said...

Yes, weighted blankets (or a big pile of quilts) work the same way - or on the same principle.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

I wonder if A could use one of those, hmmm. Maybe I'll get him one and see if it helps.