Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Wandering Wednesday - San Diego

San Diego in March was a great visit, while my husband worked at a conference, I got a chance to see a bunch of museums as well as the Japanese Friendship Garden in Balboa Park.
 Great door into the garden.
 I want this door knocker for our house.
 I think this was an arrangement of stones that was under the eaves of a building so it would catch drips of water. Just thought it was a beautiful solution.




 There was a very cool bonsai display.






 The convention center roof.

 I visited a very cool area of repurposed Navy base, Liberty Station, a great re-use of buildings, all kinds of art spaces and small vendors, pop-up food market, but still right underneath the airplane path. I went there mostly to see the Visions Art Quilt museum, no pictures allowed, it was really worth the visit.
The Little Italy part of town was fun, I had an awesome lunch at a very authentic Italian restaurant and enjoyed the Vespa riders passing by.

2 comments:

Jaye said...

You NEED that doorknocker for your house. Will M take up pouring metal? Love the rock circle as well. Lots of great photos

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Definitely need that doorknocker, maybe the next time DH goes to Japan or China.