Friday, February 03, 2017

Starting With a Title

Last week I made a small quilt (18x36") for a show that had a loose theme of Vision.  Here's where I started out.
Well, no I actually started out with a title: Dream Vision and a sketch:


I free-motion quilted several sections.
And zig-zagged the edges of the "hills" along with some quilting in various colors.

And then I pinned the rest down securely, packed it all in my car and drove up Highway 1 to the CQFA retreat in Half Moon Bay, taking pictures as I drove (I know, I know) and what do I see when I look at them when I arrive (and am no longer driving)??
Look familiar?
The color and shapes of the coast side hills and vegetable crops right up to the edge of the sea.
I had no idea, truly.

Closeup of vegetation edges and quilting.

No comments: