Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Nevermore

One of the first activities I do in the new year is to use one of my many tarot or oracle decks to choose which animal guide will be accompanying me through the turn of the year's wheel. This year I chose the raven. Or the raven chose me. Whichever way you look at it, it is then no coincidence that there was a raven postcard challenge announced in the first week of the new year. I've gotten right down to work with one easy one made today.


This is my first 4x6" raven postcard made for the fiber artist group celebrating Edgar Allan Poe's 200th Birthday.

You can still join in if you'd like, over at: theraven_postcards yahoo group. They're due by the end of this month. I'm planning to make several more.

Most of the group is donating them to the Collage Mania FiberArt for a Cure.



The Edgar Allan Poe Museum in Richmond, Virginia is having a big birthday celebration with all kinds of events including a seance where they'll try to contact the spirit of Poe.

No comments: