Tuesday, June 06, 2023

Word Mini Quilt

 

Time for me to make another small quilt for the SBAMQG MiniQuilt Challenge

The challenge this time is "Words" so of course I thought of my favorite word fabric that I was using in the Ring blocks I was making a couple years ago. I had bought enough extra to spare a bit for this project.
I unearthed a baggie with the green leftover pieced triangles from making the Jawbreaker pillow and thought it would go together very well with the green word fabric.

I couldn't help but notice the perfectly highlighted word definitions on the seam allowances.
It really was cracking me up, how perfectly it worked out on so many of the seams.

I had to document it as it was soon going to disappear once this got quilted.
Definition of a needle.
There were a few near duplicates of the pieced triangles but I like the repetition in the overall design.
These really go together easily using the Hex-n-More ruler.

As I was cutting the triangles out, I made sure that the words were rightside up on either long edge of this so that the people on one side of the table can read the triangle's worth of words that is closest to them.
Here's how it looks all pieced together. Yes, another table runner has magically appeared...

Definitely needed a border, so it was back to the Tula Pink bin.
I got this quilted very very  quickly, just straight-line, nothing exciting.
 I think that it looks good and all the stitching will hold it together through many machine washes.
Now to got sew on the green binding to finish it before the meeting tonight!

No comments: