Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Jawbreaker Done

 

The Jawbreaker pillow for Journey2Nebula is complete and on my couch. Look how pointy the points turned out!
There are a lot of eyes in the Tula Pink prints that I used.
A lot of stitching, along all the edges of the pieces.




I'm really pleased with the border fabrics and how the quilting turned out.

Here's how it looks with my pillow insert made out of batting scraps. It's not quite the right size unfortunately, so I may replace it with an official sized pillow if it bugs me. I chose not to go with a binding around the edge like in the pattern because I used upholstery fabric on the back and I thought it would just be too bulky.

I like how it looks with the Lucky Charm pillow. 

2 comments:

Jaye said...

The two pillows coordinate really well together. I love the quilting you did on the Jawbreaker. I am so impressed with how fast you caught up.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

They are very happy together on our weird color couch. It was pretty easy to catch up once I got going, the rulers really work well for me.