Thursday, October 08, 2020

Beginning Seaside

 I really enjoy working on Halloween projects during the month of October, it's kind of like getting to decorate my workroom to go with the rest of the house. So this year, I decided to do the Seaside table runner pattern for Journey to Nebula in a variety of Halloween prints.

This pattern uses the Sidekick ruler, which I found very easy to use. I especially liked the trick of trimming off the points of the diamonds to make it easier to sew them together.

It really didn't take as long as I thought it would to cut out all the diamonds. And they ended up being being pretty accurate.
Here's how the somewhat random layout worked out. 

I even had enough time left over to sew four rows together. I was happy to have it all go together so easily, and that's because of the ruler making it easy to cut the shapes accurately.


3 comments:

Jaye said...

Glad it worked out for you and yay for Halloween fabrics!

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Yay for getting to use some of my newer Halloween fabrics!

Jaye said...

I think you are having a better experience than I am. I don't have the Sidekick available. I find the Hex 'n More and the Super Sidekick to be unwieldy.