Saturday, October 17, 2020

Jawbreaker Top Done

 


The rows on the Jawbreaker went together very easily.



Sewing the rows to each other was a little harder, especially at those intersections with lots of fabric joins. But I got it done and most of the points are pointy and lined up. Much better than I thought it'd end up looking.

The hardest thing in the world was cutting the assembled top down to size for the pillow. I toyed with making a much larger pillow top. But it wouldn't have worked out for the fabric I wanted to use for the border.
Which was totally worth it. I love those otters so much. Now on to the quilting!


2 comments:

Jaye said...

How did you feel about cutting off parts of your hexagons?

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

I absolutely hated it. It felt so wasteful and I hadn't spent enough time thinking that part through before I finalized my design.