Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Beginning Jawbreaker

The next project for Journey-2-Nebula project is the Jawbreaker pillow. I love the name! It starts out with strips, so here are the ones I cut out. Two solids and all the rest Tula Pink fabrics in various shades of green. This is going to be another pillow to go on our weird green couch.
This one uses the Hex-n-more ruler. It was really fun to see the patterns the prints make when laid out this way.
After I sew all these triangles together, I'll be cutting a square out of the resulting pieced fabric for the center of a pillow. I don't think the darker green solid works all in one place so I changed it up.

 I'll probably go with this layout. Although those frog eyes on the far right are calling me to put them in the center. This might be harder to start actually sewing on because it's so fun to play with the units.

1 comment:

Jaye said...

You chose great fabrics. You couch must look awesome!