Sunday, June 11, 2023

Long January

 

I've finally managed to do it, I've laid out the first month of my Temperature Quilt. As you can see it is quite looooooong before being sewn together. All 31 days of January represented with a high and a low temperature per day. Looking at it up on the design wall, I really really hope the darkest blue doesn't blend in too much with the black background sashing that goes between months. 
I had to make little paper markers to pin up on the design wall for every five days just to keep myself on track. It was pretty easy once I had put up a few days worth. Going from consulting the January daily chart, choosing one piece for the high temperature, and one for the daily lows temperature and then putting them up on the wall. It was easy to lose track. I went back over it to make sure I selected the correct colors. It's interesting how easy it its to see that January was s a fairly boring month temperature wise, until the last week where we had the highest highs and lowest lows. There were these wild swings in daily temperatures from 70° down to 28°. That's because the majority of January was rain rain rain which keeps the temperature pretty steady.

No comments: