Tuesday, June 27, 2023

On Background

 
Time for some background checkerboard action. I cut out some 4.5" squares to use in the Trinket quilt out of the Painter's Palette in Blackberry that I bought for just this very purpose.
It really does read as black when it's up on the white design wall. My first configuration was 9x15, nope too long and skinny to be useable.

11x15, much better.


I used my initial coloring page sketch to start filling in the white spots. I decided to not piece additional paper pieced blocks, 40 is enough for me. Instead I'm cutting out 4.5" squares (fussy cutting mostly) of the fabrics I used in piecing.
Sixteen more to go and then I'll get down to sewing the rows together. Now that there are other colors to compare to, I can see the background fabric is a dark purple. I like it.

1 comment:

Jaye said...

It looks great! I like the white space. Did you use the no-sewing through paper technique?