Thursday, June 22, 2023

Return to Dyeing

I've been dyeing for a very long time (2000!), but with a very long recent break in there. I had to pull out a couple of my most-used dyeing books yesterday to remind myself of the formulas and procedures. I mostly had remembered the important stuff, but not necessarily in the correct order. I got seven colors mixed up and poured and will be washing it out today. I'm so excited to see what the results will be.

No pictures of the process though as my hands were (and are a mess) due to leaky gloves. Sigh...now I'm remembering. My DS said it looks like I have a dead woman finger. 
While I was gearing myself up to go dig through the dyeing stuff, I finished off February of my Temperature Quilt by adding in the background ending pieces. What a terrible picture this is! Turned out I had a smeary camera lens.
That's better. Here's January and February snuggled up together. They'll be separated by black background sashing in the quilt top. I'm liking how this looks, you can really see the difference month to month.

No comments: