Thursday, June 15, 2023

Moving On To February

 

February looks pretty different to January, as one would of course assume. It was a whole lot colder on the low side, that's when we got the snow (snow!wow!) but it was also slightly warmer on the highs too. Very unstable towards the end of the month which makes for an interesting interplay of the colors.

As you can see, the tail end of the February column will employ a few more black background half hexies to make up the difference between 31 days and 28 in the two months. And yes, in the Temperature Quilt pattern, Julie accounts for leap years.

Now that I can see two month's worth up on the wall, I think using my hand-dyes is working out okay. Not as clear of a data communication tool as using solids is though. 

Looking ahead to working on the months of March, April and May, I knew that I needed to cut the next few temperature ranges. Yes we really got up into the 90's pretty quickly. Also, I couldn't help but notice the warm color story happening on my worktable. These yellow, yellow-oranges are really going to pop out visually.

The next two color ranges (91°- 95° and 96°- 100°) I will need to dye the fabrics for, that would be orange and red. The fabric colors that I initially selected from my stash are likely not going to be nearly close to big enough to cover the rest of the year. Fingers crossed that the dyes I've had all this time are still viable. Just in case, a Dharma Trading order has already been placed.

No comments: