Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Supply Time


Getting back to dyeing after many years off, a new box of provisions from Dharma Trading arrived and now I'm all excited to get to jump in again and make a colorful mess. I bought some new dye colors, most especially two reds with great names: Atomic Fireball and Dye-no-mite. I also got one ready to dye tank top for myself to throw in with the reds.
I also got two cotton fabrics to use for dyeing, one is 60" wide sheeting, and then some mercerized cotton print cloth. Mercerized refers to a fabric treatment used to help with dye uptake. 
I also received my order from Hancock's of Paducah, which is where I normally buy my batting as they usually have a good price on the ones I like to use. I got one Hobbs 80/20 that is fusible and one that is not. I discovered I didn't have a big enough non-fusible batt for one of the quilts I was trying to sandwich the other day. I also got a big cone (6,452 yds!) of Aurifil 50wt thread, a couple of super on-sale fabrics, some Steam-a-Seam2, Chenille needles (friend Jaye recommended to try for hand-stitching).

For Hancock's free shipping deal, you can only buy two quilt batts at a time. It definitely makes for a big box to pick up at the post office, but at least it's not too heavy.

No comments: