Tuesday, April 20, 2021

More Rings


Still cutting and playing around with different combinations of greens with the ring parts.
It's really fun to try out different combinations. I'm having trouble settling on one choice and sewing it together.
The orange ring is the only one that's all sewn together because I'm still swapping different choices in and out.
I like that cotton boll center fabric, it reads close enough to the word fabric.
Here's how two of the rings look from a little farther away up on my design wall, along with the Sister Artists 2 fabric pull. 

I'm on the hunt for more cover versions of June Carter Cash's Ring of Fire, here's Coldplay. A surprisingly good cover. And no, that's not going to be this quilt's title, although it is tempting.

2 comments:

Jaye said...

I don't always listen to your musical accompaniments, but I couldn't resist Coldplay's version of Ring of Fire. I love the Johnny Cash version and I also really like Coldplay. It is a good version!

Perhaps you could call it Ring of Green? Ring of Words?

Re: the rings: there is always more fabric!

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

I'm glad you like the Coldplay version! You're so right, it's a good thing to remember that there is always more fabric.