Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Love That Lioness


An initial fabric pull for the Sister Artists 2 quilt is up on the design wall along with the wonderful embroidered block it will be centered around. I love that lioness.
But where to go from there?
I decided to use some of my newly acquired skills with EQ8 and make up a medallion quilt design.


 Okay, pretend the lioness is a watermelon for just a second, this is the quilt I designed in EQ8. I've got the instructions and measurements from EQ8, and I'm setting off on making this. I've got a bunch more solids chosen to use as well as the fabrics shown above. Also, these colors won't exactly be followed (of course). 

2 comments:

Jaye said...

Great use of your EQ8 skills!!!

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Thanks! I had fun playing around with it, now that I know a bit more about how it works, it's not so intimidating of a program.