Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Ring Variations


I was playing around with different variations of a mostly green ring.
Oh! I just noticed that two of the petals are switched. I'm trying to keep the words "right-side-up".Memo to me, switch those the right way before sewing together this block. That's probably going to be my biggest challenge with this quilt once I get the block sewing nailed down.
With two print green outer ring sections.

With all print green outer ring sections. I'm remembering that one of those is sewn together in the wrong order, which makes the ring a little lop-sided, but I kind of like it. 
Looking at these, I'm thinking I need to try out some green square cornerstones instead of the orange ones before I sew this together. 

The design I originally came up with was going to be all greens in the background except for the yellow-to-orange-to- red-orange rings. It's the one on the lower right. I didn't bother to color in the greens in the background because I'd spent so much time on the all-green one above it. 
I did color in the interior green solid rings and the word print orange peels here:

How about a Blondie cover of Ring of Fire?

Will I run out of Ring of Fire covers before I finish this quilt? Who even knows, it's early yet....
 

2 comments:

Jaye said...

Didn't Johhny Cash sing that one as well? Or something similar? I like the disappearing versions of this quilt a lot. I may make another one at some point with more disappearing going on, but not this one.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Yes, it's a Johnny Cash song, actually his wife wrote it about meeting him! I like the disappearing look also, and am trying some of that out while I play with the fabrics I've cut out so far.