Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Triangle Experiment


Well, the triangle experiment didn't work out too well. Some spikiness was achieved, but not consistently enough to really make it work. A bold design element like this needs to be well-executed, and this is not. Which is okay by me, I was trying something new, cutting fabric with printed out paper templates was challenging. Because of my newbie EQ8 design skills the sizes and angles were funky and I couldn't use my tri-recs ruler.

But, I learned that this fabric combination works well for this piece, so I will use these triangle sections somehow because I like the angles.


My first impulse was to sew the sections together. And I like how it looks, but a little too harlequin-y for this piece. I think I'll cut them up somehow, maybe on a diagonal? Or perhaps cut each section into 4 pieces.
 
First two to pick up the yellow from the batik frame.
The black yes, but the other two are a little iffy.
I really like the grey print with this combination, it adds something modern.

Now I had to sneak in the sewn together triangle sections and I have to say I love it. But, that dot and fuchsia fabric isn't going to work, I have other options to put in there.


2 comments:

Jaye said...

WOW! It is great how this piece is coming together. I like the piecing you did around the embroidery.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Thanks! I'm pushing on through without my triangle idea working out.