Tuesday, April 06, 2021

Black and White and Wood

Doctor's offices and medical facilities just have the nicest ceilings these days. The nice wood, the interesting lights, and all the windows. 

 There's just something about having to wait that makes me look up, notice how cool the ceiling is and take a picture. And then playing with making it black and white to see how different it looks. (and to see if it'd make a good quilt design)
This one was taken in the spot where I sat for 15 minutes after getting my first Covid vaccination shot. Both of these ceiling shots were at Stanford Medical facilities, I'm betting that they have a corporate wide interior treatments list because they're very very similar. Or maybe this is just the style these days?
Pretty moody. And a possible quilt design with all those great horizontal and vertical lines and angles.

2 comments:

Jaye said...

A friend posted similar photos. I see quilting lines.

On a side note: Tim told me it is good to look up anyway, since we humans are always looking down at our phones, which is bad for our necks.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

That's so true, Time is right. It always lifts my mood, and sometimes you see something interesting too.