Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Wandering Wednesday - On My Street

 I haven't gotten off my street much lately, except for boring errands, so here's some of what I see everyday when I walk the dog with my DH.

The cherry tree is out and blooming in my back yard. It's visible from the street above and is quite beautiful.

Deer are out and about in force, visiting us while we have our lunch out on the deck. All those giant logs are left from the trees that we had taken down last year. The oak is going to be firewood at some point, and the fir will stay there or be used as hillside retaining structures.

The madrone are flowering--big time.
The street below looks like snow drifts from far away but nope, it's the flowers that have fallen and accumulated.
A repeat picture, but I love this native plant so much, Pacific Hound's Tongue. It's all over our property and in several spots along our road.
We're trying to get our neighbors to band together to make our street less of a green tunnel.


No comments: