Thursday, April 22, 2021

Keeping It Spiky


After cutting all the triangles out, I'm kind of wishing I'd done these as foundation piecing now. Or only cut out one of the blocks to make sure it would work out. I got on a roll cutting yesterday so...welp. It's all cut out now so I guess I'm sewing.

Wish me luck as I try piecing these things. I just want them to be spiky! I can always adjust the size because the center embroidered rectangle can be trimmed a bit. Before sewing I went and looked at this post about sewing 1/2 rectangles and then I remembered friend Jaye had a great round-up post on HSR.

2 comments:

Jaye said...

If you have this ruler: https://amzn.to/3dIE35J, you might be able to use it to help put the pieces together. I don't really think it is too late to do foundation piecing. It might not be as easy, but it might help you like up everything.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

I wish I'd used the ruler, but I had this weird size and angle and tried to do it with paper templates--nope! I think foundation piecing would probably work, but now I've gone onto an alternative plan.