Friday, April 02, 2021

Flower Fri-yay!

 I woke up today thinking it was Saturday for some reason, so I'm all discombobulated. So how about a Flower Friday? These are my favorite flower pictures from the last few months.

This tulip keeps re-blooming every year, it's a little shorter each time, but it's still beautiful.
I was surprised how early the calendula bloomed this year.
Oh Magnolia! I planted this tree on a whim years ago and I'm so glad. 
I'm ready to move in, sometimes I wish I was insect size because isn't this inviting? 

This tulip hung around even through the rain a few weeks ago, very long lasting.

This color is very very hard to photograph, the red content in the magenta color is too much. Geraniums forever.
This is one of the local wildflowers that grows on our street, Pacific Hound's Tongue.
I've had this hyacinth for more than 15 years, it's never been replanted or moved, and it's getting weird. This year the stems were a little floppy, maybe the blooms were too big? I'm glad it's still blooming.
Not a flower obviously, but the surviving rhubarb is doing well.


The cymbidium is gearing up for a nice bloom this year. I love how alien the flower pods look before they open up.

Grape hyacinth, the color the shape, the size and their dependability makes them a favorite.

2 comments:

Jaye said...

I am so impressed with how well you know your plants and how long they have been in place! More beautiful photos!

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

I think I've been gardening almost as long as I've been sewing at this point. Thanks!