Thursday, April 08, 2021

Ringing In

 


I've finally started getting ready for the BAMQ Put A Ring On It class that's coming up this Saturday. 
First, I tried coloring some of the ideas I had, and honestly got a little boggled with it. There are so many options!
But first steps was actually taking the Clammy rulers out of their packaging. And also finding my 28mm rotary cutter. It's all so much less abstract once the ruler/template is actually in your hand. I pulled some green fabrics too. I think the rings on my quilt will be solid greens and maybe orange/yellow too. 
I was looking at examples of what kind of fabric choices other quilters had made for this pattern for inspiration, and it was all over the map. I definitely wanted to use something with text somewhere in my quilt (if not the whole thing). I decided on this awesome word definition fabric for the orange peel shapes. The Clammy template worked out very well for fussy cutting these. I decided to count up the words that will show completely when the shape is sewn, and that final number will be the quilt title. XX Words. So....at least I've started.


Continuing on with music videos that relate, because why not? We all need more music, and this 1979 disco one hit wonder still holds up.

2 comments:

Jaye said...

I have to get busy with prep today. I was lazy last week and the prep wasn't on my radar. This week, I have been swamped and now I am worried about the prep. Today is the day. Thanks for sharing your process. It is helpful.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

I'm not trying to cut out the entire thing, because I'd never get that done in time. Just enough to get through sewing at least a few of the rings together. Glad the process pictures help, definitely use the smaller rotary cutter!