Sunday, May 01, 2022

May Oh My


The monthly marker for May is two photos mashed together and stirred up with various effects in SnapSeed. This is making me want to work on my weird yellow and grey quilt, or maybe finally make that yellow taxi quilt I've had in my mind for ages.

My orange squares for the bullseye project.
The surprise yellow iris in my yard. I had really forgotten that I'd planted this!

One Second Everyday of April:


And finally here's the list of: What The Heck Did I Actually Do In April???  aka Monthly I-Did

I entered a members show at the San Jose Museum of Quilt & Textiles

I sandwiched the top and back of the B/W baby quilt and started in on quilting it.

I sandwiched the top and back of the Dotsy table runner and started in on quilting it.

I cut out and ironed the orange background squares for the bullseye project

I finished the free motion quilting on Safe At Home

I put away the leaning stack o'fabric

I made a new storage bag and filled it with completed quilts

I cleaned out and sorted my scrap basket

I made a pair of microwaveable warm-up mittens for my DH (and me)

I removed the paper from the back of the Courthouse Steps

I kept going on my 100 Days project (but haven't posted it here yet.)

I kept going on the Secret Lives of Color quilt a long (but haven't posted it here yet).

I started the outdoor swing cushions.

I gave the bench cushion to my mom and she loved it.

I kept getting to know the new kitten we adopted and continued negotiating better relations with our dog.

I got to have Passover Seder and Easter in one weekend with different parts of our family.

I occasionally added to my Visual Journal.

I blogged here 22/30 days.

I finished our taxes and submitted them

I moved almost everything off our deck and refurbished our porch swing

Which again adds up to a whole lot more than nothing. I think it's officially a pattern. This is working as good motivation   for myself. I think I'll continue to do this next month too.

2 comments:

Jaye said...

You did A LOT. Great work!

Is the Yellow Taxi quilt a possible theme for a yellow bullseye?

Would you consider posting links in this post to the various projects you mention? Thanks.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

I did do a lot, thanks! I guess the Yellow Taxi quilt could possibly be a bullseye theme if you and Adrienne were into it. It's a longstanding thing from seeing an actual quilt about yellow taxis ages ago. I will add some links, good idea, I probably meant to.