Wednesday, May 04, 2022

Simpatico

I was cutting out fabrics to use for the first circle on the orange bullseye and pulled these from my hand-dyed box. After I ironed them into quarter folds, I was really struck by how beautiful these colors are together. Very simpatico.
Especially these four together.
But even more so when I added in some blues. This makes for a really really pleasing color palette. Makes me want to go dye up some more fabric which I haven't done in years. At some point the dye powders I own will no longer be working so I ought to use them, eh?
Here's the two stacks, the orange backgrounds on the left and the first circle fabrics on the right, which includes the hand-dyes above. This is going to be a very vibrant quilt. 
 




2 comments:

Jaye said...

Those hand dyes are amazing! I am glad I will get a little piece on my quilt, though I am tempted to tell you to make something out of them alone.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

I was tempted to hold them out and make something too, but they look really good on the orange squares.