Tuesday, May 03, 2022

Tool Tuesday: Clapper Review

 


I've been using the clapper that I bought last month from R0ssieCrafts to iron the folds into the orange bullseye backgrounds. This tool is truly terrific! (so many Ts)  I love the solid and smooth feel of it in my hand, the shape of it  is very pleasing to the eye. The wood itself is just plain lovely as well. Do I feel goofy for having my name on there? A bit yes, I kind of wish I'd just chosen a word instead like: FLAT or STAY or STRONG. 

My Flash opinion: Wow! This thing really really works.  Look at those flat flat folded creases.

The Many Pros: 

  • You don't have to leave the iron on the fabric for a super extra long amount of time to get a crease to take in cotton fabric, so no possibility of scorching. 
  • It isn't at all heavy.
  • It's very easy to grip and move.
  • It's low-tech, no batteries required.
  • It doesn't take up a lot of real estate on your ironing board.
  • The price is not outrageous.
  • This thing will definitely outlast you.
A Few Cons: It's an extra step in pressing, which makes that process just slightly more fiddly.It's one more thing to keep track of.

In my opinion it really stacks up to get and use one of these clappers in my opinion.

No comments: