Monday, May 30, 2022

Faux Goose Chase


Another unfinished sort of truly forgotten project I uncovered during the now several day search for the Blue Squares binding (still missing) is this mess of HST. I took advantage of the free design wall to put them up and play around until I got a design that I liked. These were cut out way back when my friend Debbie lived in the town next door, she invited me over to try out her Accu-quilt Studio die cutter. I wasn't making a lot of block quilts or even blocks really back then. I remember casting around through the pile of recent quilt magazines and finding this quilt design:

I can sort of guess at my thought process, I'll "make it my own", with the white being black and white prints, and the black and pink instead will be orange, green and a yellow/purple/orange/green print. So good so far, right? **record scratch** None, not a single one of these triangles in this quilt design are HST. But like I said, not a block quilt maker, so I hadn't truly grasped the importance between the different sorts of triangles. 

The top picture is what I came up with to do with the stacks of HST's instead of this more orderly design. The funny thing is this magazine was stored in a bag with the ready to go triangles, kind of like a kit to put together this quilt, here's all the parts just go. By the way this is the Jul/Aug 2013 issue of Quilty from Fons & Porter and it's a Mark Lapinski quilt design. It's even listed on my to-do database as Goose Chase. Maybe I'll call the HST quilt design Faux Goose Chase or something.
 

2 comments:

Jaye said...

Interesting what comes out the woodwork, isn't it? I am also shocked when I find projects I don't remember. I am sure you can put it together quickly and get it off your to do list.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

It really is, after all these years of sewing I shouldn't be surprised. I'm definitely going to sew it together instead of just packing it away again.