Sunday, May 29, 2022

Old Friend New Stitch


After more searching for the Blue Squares binding (still can't find it), I came upon an unfinished project that yelled out to me quite loudly that it needed to be worked on. I was in a listening mood, being a bit frustrated that I couldn't lay hands on the binding and got out some embroidery thread.

I started this piece way back in 2007, which is 15 years ago (eep) in an EBHQ class with Pamela Allen. 

It’s mostly gluesticked together with a few pins here and there. And after all these years, it's still stuck together. There are a lot of layered parts that will be a little fiddly to stick down. The idea, as I remember it, was to hand stitch the edges of each piece and then to fill in with more stitching either hand or machine. I didn’t get too far on it back then and I guess it got tucked away.  But now it’s out of storage and getting worked on once again. It's like getting a visit from an old friend you hadn't thought of in a long time.
Still have to find that binding though.



 

2 comments:

Jaye said...

How frustrating that you can't find the binding. You didn't make a note on your blog of where you were putting it, did you?

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

It is frustrating, nope I didn't leave myself a note. I'm sure I did something "clever" which I've forgotten. I think I may just give up and make some more.