Saturday, May 28, 2022

Design Wall Saturday


Every now and then I like to take a picture of my design wall, just to keep track of how/what I'm doing. This week I was moving stuff around in my workspace and pinned these pieces up on the momentarily empty design wall for a mini-art show. Four of them are not quilts but are instead mixed-media paper and fabric and thread. 

This was all left up on display for a few hours while I tore my room apart looking for the binding I made 3 years ago for my Blue Squares quilt (still unfound at the moment 😢where the heck is it? 😡) and my two housemates (DH and son) both had viewer comments. It was interesting to hear what they had to say, the things that they noticed and pointed out and which pieces they liked the most. 

To me even as different as all the pieces are from each other, they are all still (to me at least) obviously made by the same person. Which, since several of these are shall we say, experimental at best, is a pretty good result. 

2 comments:

Jaye said...

Great art show. Aside from not finding the binding, did anything good come out of tearing your workroom apart?

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Thanks! Yes, I got some stuff rearranged better, cleaned off surfaces and refreshed my memory on what's in all the boxes.