Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Wandering Wednesday: Dosewallips


Some actual wandering happened, our first trip for a vacation in years was a long drive up to Port Townsend, Washington. This was one of my favorite stops on our way up the Olympic Peninsula, Dosewallips State Park. Here's a slightly unsettling panoramic picture from the observation tower. We decided to trek out to the water's edge.

There were A Lot of deer lying about, maybe thirty or so in the herd. Only one was standing up and keeping an eye on us.

It was a very threatening sky the whole time, but we brought our rain gear and emerged unscathed.
I loved the enormous towering clouds and the dramatic skies.

Sometimes the sun was caught in the water.

We went around and over the water from the river making its way down to the ocean, (well the Hood Canal).
This whole expanse was not white rocks, it was all shells. The cronch crunch crunch as you walked was a pretty eerie sound and feeling. This is my favorite picture.
We were happy to have made out to the water finally.
I was probably excessively excited that the sea glass and shells matched my shirt so well.

2 comments:

Jaye said...

Beautiful landscape. I love those dramatic skies and the big clouds. I also love the one of you two as well. The shells and sea glass are right up my alley. It's like you posted photos I would have posted.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

It was really beautiful out there. Those shell and sea glass colors are really pretty together, quilt inspiration maybe? I'm glad you like the photos.