Saturday, May 21, 2022

Time For Templates

Yesterday was template day for the Orange You Glad circles. I used a ruler and the right-angled corner of a piece of cardstock to make the three templates I'll be needing for our bullseye project.

Instead of hunting around for an 8", 6" and 4" circular object to trace out, or finding my compass, I used a ruler to mark the end point of the chord (or ray) from the center which in this case is the corner of the cardstock. These quarter circles should work well to cut a mostly accurate circle of double folded fabric.
I tried the cutting templates out on the 3 sizes of double folded fabric squares. I've already cut out all of the needed 8" squares, and have a few cut out for the 6" and 4".


I think the last time we did a bullseye quilt, I didn't use templates and just free-hand/eyeballed it while cutting the circles. Which led to some definite and possibly intended wonkiness.

I decided to try out friend Jaye's suggestion to use Wonderclips to hold the template onto the folded fabric.
And that worked out really well, as you can see. No shifting around happened while cutting. Now to cut out all those 8" circles.
 

No comments: