Monday, May 16, 2022

Some Stitches

 



I was on vacation for the last week so there wasn't a lot of making going on. In fact, on the way home on the freeway, I finally brought out the one hand stitching project that I'd packed. This is my favored technique to not overreact to heavy traffic when I'm not the one driving. 

I added some hand-stitching to this small piece that has a lot of quilting and beading on it. I hadn't worked on this piece in many many years, but it was really fun to get my hands on it again. You can see the stitches mostly towards the bottom of the photo. The thread was pretty matchy so it's not super obvious. And in the center of the photo is a small piece of one of my most favorite dye projects ever, a woven check linen/hemp fabric, dyed and over-dyed.

2 comments:

Jaye said...

"...to not overreact to heavy traffic when I'm not the one driving. " --> same here!

Your piece is really textur-y

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Right? This tip needs to be in the How To Stay Married handbook somewhere.