Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Tool Tuesday: The Clapper

 

I think I found this new tool via instagram somehow, but don't quote me on that. I mean, that was a whole two weeks ago and I can't recall. 
But...it's a clapper!

Nope, not that kind! (sorry,  just couldn't resist) 

 This is the one made for flattening seams in blocks and other sewn seams. You iron your block and then set this device down on the seam and it holds the heat in and weights the fabric just enough to really make the ironing work better without the risk of distortion.

 I haven't gotten to use it yet, so no performance review from me as of this writing. But this is a lovely lovely tool, the wood is beautiful and smooth, the weight is just right, and there are grooves on the sides for your fingers. And as you can see, the seller offers personalization. 
There's a strike of Etsy sellers ( protesting seller fees being jacked up 30% !!) going on right now that RossieCrafts is participating in, but for next week, here's the link to go check it out. 

If you want to support the strike, the Etsy sellers participating are asking people to not shop on Etsy this week April 11-18. 
FYI: the participating sellers have put their shops on vacation mode.

2 comments:

Jaye said...

Thanks for the information about the Etsy strike. Love the personalization. I really want to read your product review.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

You're welcome, it seemed important to mention. I still haven't used it yet, but I'm ironing something today!