Thursday, April 14, 2022

Angle of Repose Scrap Basket Version

 There was another remaining teetering pile of fabric to be dealt with, this one was impacting my cutting table. This time it was my over-filled scrap basket. When I say over-filled, I mean that it was well over foot above the top of the basket. leaning up against the ruler organizer, and falling on the floor,  according to laws of physics (see: angle of repose). So...it was time to sort it out and put it away.

I started by dumping the whole pile on my table and got started sorting. And then some help arrived. 
A lot of help, hah! Big pieces go here, smaller ones here, teeny edge trimmings here, batting scraps to stuff the pillow-in-process.
Or we can just jump on them and mix them back up again. The angelic "who-me?" face works every time.
I eventually got it all sorted out, once Leeloo stopped "assisting" and curled up in the now-empty scrap basket.


2 comments:

Jaye said...

Great idea. Can you cut up larger scraps with your Sizzix?

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Yes, after some ironing of course. And deciding on which shape(s) to cut.